The annual island-wide meals drive to inventory the cabinets of the Hatteras Island Meals Pantry in Buxton is at the moment underway and can run by Dec. 31, 2022.
Non-perishable meals and financial donations are wanted to assist our island neighborhood get by the winter. Guests in addition to island residents are inspired to take part.
Listed here are this yr’s assortment factors the place donations could be dropped off:
- Frisco Market/Rod and Gun in Frisco (day by day 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Our Girl of the Seas Catholic Parish Social Corridor in Buxton (24-hr. drop-off field on porch of social corridor, not the church)
- Surf-or-Sound Realty in Avon (day by day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Midgett Realty in Hatteras, Avon, and Rodanthe (day by day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Solar Realty in Avon and Salvo (day by day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- United Financial institution in Buxton (day by day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
When contemplating what to donate, suppose “full meals” – pair up spaghetti sauce with the pasta, peanut butter with the jelly, non-fat dry milk, and sugar with the cereal. and so forth.
Right here’s a buying record of things normally in excessive demand:
- canned tuna
- prompt Ramen Noodles
- common espresso
- laundry detergent
- dishwashing detergent
- shampoo and conditioner
- shaving cream
- physique wash
Different objects embody sugar (small baggage), espresso, powdered espresso creamer, cooking oil, pasta sauce (not tomato sauce), canned veggies particularly blended veggies, spinach, collards, peas, creamed corn, carrots, and beets (not inexperienced beans), canned fruit (not applesauce), canned soup (not tomato or hen noodle) and cereals.
Pet food, cat meals, and kitty litter are additionally accepted.
Ensure that all donated objects are unopened and never be previous their “use by” dates.
If you happen to don’t have time to buy, then please make a financial donation. It’s tax deductible, and 100% goes to help island residents. Checks could be written to United Methodist Males and mailed to them at PO Field 1591, Buxton, NC 27920.
Contact meals drive organizer, Linda Browning, at (252) 995-3662 you probably have questions or would love extra info.